The Joy of Makeup Gifts

Post-holiday season is a time to reinvigorate yourself. This self transformation usually involves two things, diet and exercise. Those are lovely goals, but how about trying a new makeup product or new makeup look as well? I for one love the holiday season because I typically receive gifts that I would not normally purchase or splurge on for myself, that's where my darling older sister comes in. Every year my big sissy usually follows the typical "Gabby Christmas Gift" formula. This formula consists of the mascara kit from the Sephora Favorites collection and a few other makeup goodies scattered between. However, this year I did not request anything, and boy did she take me by surprise! Below are the two beauties my sister scooped up for me. All items purchased @ Sephora (my old stomping ground, go Sephora 34th!).



"All Dressed Up and Ready to Glow" by Breakups and Makeups- $30-35
First up is the makeup bag! Again, an item I would probably look at and think "so cute", and then not purchase. It is made by a company called Breakups to Makeups, where they sell what I like to call "makeup swag", including makeup bags and apparel with makeup related themes and adorable quotes.

Why I love it: The faux leather material is SO SOFT, yet not flimsy. I suddenly felt like a responsible adult upon picking this item up. All I could think to myself was, "Look at me and my luxurious makeup bag". The material inside is also waterproof and perfect for cleaning, if you happen to be a slob-kabob, like myself :). The inside is deep, and perfectly fits several of my favorite palettes.

Next up......



Makeup Forever "Artist- Shadows 1" $44
When I worked at Sephora, Makeup Forever very rarely put out palettes. Usually, you would buy the individual shadows yourself and build your own. Makeup is catering to consumers a lot more, I have watched this with my own eyes over the past 5 years. With the consumer in mind, Makeup Forever has now begun to create some truly amazing eye shadow palettes. Step aside Naked palettes, there is a new Shadow Sheriff in town. This nifty palette comes with 9 shadows. The pamphlet suggests utilizing the three shadows from top to bottom, aka the left row has three shadows, the middle has 3 shadows, and the right has three.

Why I love it: The pigments are INCREDIBLE, I repeat, INCREDIBLE. The shadows are also silky smooth, a big plus. Who the hell wants eye shadows that are dry and make your skin feel gross? If it feels odd when swatching on your arm, how could you possibly want to put that on your eyelids as well? *Takes deep breath*, let's focus on the positive shall we? The palette also comes with a matte black color. For you newbies to makeup, I cannot express this enough, matte shadows are IMPERATIVE. Why you ask? They are ideal for blending. For example, if you want to create dimension and shade with an eye shadow look, a matte shade would be needed. Matte shadows do not contain shimmer or glitter, aka they blend seamlessly. If you want to blend with your shinier shadows fine, but it's most likely going to look sloppy. Sorry, IT JUST IS. *Takes another deep breath*.

Below are some swatches! From left to right

I-528, I-514, ME-512, S-556, D-562, ME-644, S-102, I-544, D-652

Ummm yeah Makeup Forever's names are super fun aren't they?......*crickets*. I know, I know, BUT, there is a method to the madness!

I= Iridescent
ME=Metallic
D=Diamond
S= Satin

Ahhhhhh don't you feel enlightened knowing that tidbit of makeup info? Now when you go for makeup with your gal pal you can school her on decoding Makeup Forever products. This coding also applies to some of their lip products as well, particularly the lip glosses. YOU'RE  WELCOME.

That's all for me today folks!! Thanks for stopping by and if you have any questions about these products, leave a comment below! Happy Makeuping. :)

Links below for these items. (the clutch I got is sold out and only available on eBay, however, their site has loads of other lovely makeup bags!).
Makeup Clutch
Makeup Forever Palette

With Love,
Gogogabz

Follow me on IG!! @gogogabz


Comments

Popular Posts