January Favorites


How is January almost over?!? Oh yeah, it's called time and it goes fast. The only instances in which time seems to move slowly is when waiting on a line for the bathroom, or waiting on a line anywhere for that matter. Since it is the end of the month, I decided to do a "January Favorites". For anyone who doesn't understand the concept, a "favorites" series consists of things you gravitated towards and liked throughout the month. Some bloggers also feature things outside the realm of makeup, but I only want to stick with beauty industry related items. So here they are! 

Drumroll please..............................



Beauty Breakdown........................



  • What it is: Milani Lip Treatment in 05 Repairing Primrose
  • What it does: It comes in 8 different shades, each infused with Jojoba, Avocado, and Tsubaki Oil, all ideal for hydration. 
  • Why I love it: I was initially drawn to the packaging because like many, I tend to get hypnotized by the color pink. The applicator was also a selling point for me because it is very plush and applies the perfect amount without wasting any product. The scent is great too. :)
  • How I use it: I have been using it before I go to sleep as a treatment and before I apply my lipsticks and liners (especially before the matte ones). 
  • Price: $8.99 but I got this on sale at Walgreens for about $4


  • What it is: Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black Dry Shampoo
  • What it does: When applied at the roots, it will eliminate grease and create more volume and texture 
  • Why I love it: 1. It does not leave residue, unlike many dry shampoos I have tried in the past. 2. The scent is essentially like hair perfume and stays all day. If you are not a fan of musky scents then I would not recommend this purchase, as it is quite strong. 
  • When I use it: Dry shampoos in general should be applied in the evening before bed time. Why? Because in our sleep we tend to sweat and toss around a bit, with help from the dry shampoo you will not wake up with as greasy of hair, I promise you. I also like using this after taking a shower, once my hair is dry of course. Why? Super clean hair and texture don't mix, by using the dry shampoo I can create the effect myself. 
  • Price: $14 for a 1.3 oz and $28 for the 4.4oz

  • What it is: Wet n Wild Velvet Matte Lip Color in Charred Cherry (only in stores)
  • What it does: High pigment lipstick with matte finish for long lasting effect
  • Why I love it: It is a flattering color on me! When I applied it, the color immediately helped my brown hair and eyes stand out a little more. I also liked that it wasn't super drying, but still had a long wear effect
  • When I use it: I plan on wearing this color to a wedding I will be attending in Costa Rica. The bright hue is perfect for wedding makeup
  • Price: $3.99 <-----can't beat that! Did you know most cosmetic companies could sell their makeup at this price and still profit a lot? Makeup is very inexpensive to make! Do not be fooled ladies, do not buy a $30 lipstick

  • What it is: Jergens Instant Glow Sunless Tanning Mousse
  • What it does: Fast acting self tanner, dries in up to 60 seconds
  • Why I love it: It is not streaky, has a great smell, is buildable, and looks natural. For those who love self tanners, you know those components are huge when purchasing a self tanner
  • When I use it: I enjoy using this product when I have an event coming up or if I need a little pick me up and want to look really refreshed. Sitting outside in the sun is a huge no no for anyone who likes skincare, so for me this is a perfect and safe alternative. 
  • Price: $12.99<---can not beat this price!!

What are your January faves? Leave a comment below and I'll check em out! I am always up for trying new things in the beauty world. Special shout out to my East Coasters who are enduring the aftermath of Jonas, use this time off to binge watch your favorite show and eat junk food :) 

Next post will be another makeup recreation! Stay tuned.........

With Love,
Gabrielle 

Follow me on IG! @gogogabz

Like this? Repin it!! 

Comments

Popular Posts